As a frontline practitioner, you may have found yourself concerned about the safety, health or well-being of a child and unsure of your role in mitigating these concerns.
- I am a social worker and am not clear about the leaving care provisions – can you clarify these?
- I am a nurse in a GP’s surgery. A 13 year old girl is seeking contraceptive advice from me. Can I give her contraception without her parents knowing?
- I work in a children’s centre. I have a raised a concern with the local Children’s Services department that a child is coming in dirty and hungry but they do not appear to be doing anything – what else can I do?
- I work in health and I have been asked by the Local Authority legal department to give evidence in care proceedings–I am not clear how to write a statement or to give evidence at Court. Can the CPP help me?
- I work with a child with special needs. I have a raised a concern with the local Children’s Services department that the child is coming to school dirty and hungry but they do not appear to be doing anything – what else can I do?
Protecting your Information
As the bulk of the information on the CPP website is available only to registered users, those who wish to access the information on the site will be required to register by providing their name, email address and the industry they work in. Users can add further detailed information to their account once they have registered.
All information collected from you is treated with the strictest confidentiality. We do not share your personal information (including name, email address and profession) unless required to do so by law. Information collected by CCLC is used to:
• Improve the content and design of the site
• Monitor usage of our services
• Contact visitors (with their permission)
• Gather information about which professional groups are
using the site most frequently
We will never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we will not pass on your personal information to any other website.